Saturday, September 1, 2012

Finding out our flight was CANCELLED!


Waiting for some customer service... 2 hours later

Dinner with Dylan, Calliandra and Alex
I spoke to soon about making all the flights. It was too good to be true. The good news is I did end up finding my roommate, she was the final call name over the loud speaker, ran on the airplane without her shoes on...Gotta love it! Someone that is actually worse at timing than me ha refreshing... I think. The flight to Dallas was great, I sat next to a very nice Chinese lady that was researcher at the UA, she talked my ear off and right before I got on the plane an elderly lady had asked me where I was going so I gave her the scoop and she said she'd keep me in her prayers. I think that was a great way to start my trip off if I do say so myself! Everything went downhill once I got to Dallas the little monitor said in bright red letters GUATEMALA flight CANCELLED. WHAT??? Apparently they did not have a flight crew or even a back up one. So after 3 hours of fussing and losing my baggage (and pardon my language but shitty customer service) we finally were on our way to our complimentary hotel. Ojala (translation= hopefully) we make it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment